VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Attorneys for inmates in the Vigo County Jail lawsuit aren't happy with the progress so far.
They have filed a request for a court-ordered update from Vigo County officials.
Attorneys for the inmates say there hasn't been any meaningful progress in building the new facility.
They say county leaders still have not selected a site for the jail.
Attorneys note there does not appear to be a legitimate reason for the delay.
They're concerned it'll take at least 30 months to build the new one after a site is selected.
They say they only want to see if the county is following through on its assurances to build the new facility.
- Attorneys for Vigo County Jail inmates express concern about new jail progress, asking for court-ordered update
- Vigo County leaders update federal judge on jail progress
- Update on new Vigo County jail location
- Deadline placed for Vigo County Jail update
- Vigo County leaders making progress in jail location search
- Vigo County Commissioners approve jail design, $101,000 per inmate
- Daviess County Jail inmate found dead in her jail cell
- Vigo County leaders talk jail conditions in federal court
- Agency selected for Vigo County Jail assessment
- Study underway at the Vigo County Jail