TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Storm Team 10 is here to answer all of your weather questions.
This question is about temperatures. Why does it get warmer in Spring?
If you've ever wondered about why spring and summer are warmer it's all because of the earth's tilt.
During the spring and summer the earth tilts toward the sun and temperatures start to rise. The amount of heat the northern half of the earth gets increase, so the season warms up.
As the earth travels back around the sun in the winter, the earth tilts away from the sun and temperatures drop.
If you have a weather related question make sure you ask the Storm Team and it may get answered on air.
- Ask the Storm Team: Why does it get warmer in Spring?
- Ask the Storm Team: Storm Prediction
- Meteorological Spring vs. Astronomical Spring
- Spring insect forecast
- Beekeepers' Spring preparations underway
- Spring And Summer Weather
- December warmer and wetter than normal
- Groundhog predicts an early spring
- ISU hosts 'Spring Career Fair'
- Team Storm launches new way the community can report issues