HUTSONVILLE, Ill. (WTHI) - Some fun on the river helped get rid of an invasive species this weekend.
The Asian Carp Fishing Tournament was held in Hutsonville on Saturday.
Organizers said the tournament is a way to help clear off carp in the Wabash River.
It's been a few years since the tournament was last held, but organizer said they were happy to start it back up again.
Money raised on Saturday will help out the Hutsonville Fire Department.
- Asian Carp Fishing Tournament held in Hutsonville
- Lawmakers, groups urge fast deployment of Asian carp defense
- DNR: Mussel-eating Asian carp is nearing Indiana’s waterways
- Annual Christmas on the River celebration held in Hutsonville, Illinois
- Billiards hold tournament to raise money for Hutsonville fire victim
- FAILED: No consolidation for Hutsonville - Palestine
- Hutsonville High School hosts special guest for Veteran's Program
- Hutsonville schools partner with Amazon to provide computer science courses
- Hutsonville Christmas tree display helps remember lost loved ones
- Cornhole tournament held to benefit the Terre Haute Humane Society