HUTSONVILLE, Ill. (WTHI) - Some fun on the river helped get rid of an invasive species this weekend.
The Asian Carp Fishing Tournament was held in Hutsonville on Saturday.
Organizers said the tournament is a way to help clear off carp in the Wabash River.
It's been a few years since the tournament was last held, but organizer said they were happy to start it back up again.
Money raised on Saturday will help out the Hutsonville Fire Department.
- Asian Carp Fishing Tournament held in Hutsonville
- Lawmakers, groups urge fast deployment of Asian carp defense
- DNR: Mussel-eating Asian carp is nearing Indiana’s waterways
- Billiards hold tournament to raise money for Hutsonville fire victim
- FAILED: No consolidation for Hutsonville - Palestine
- Hutsonville High School hosts special guest for Veteran's Program
- Hutsonville schools partner with Amazon to provide computer science courses
- Ice Fishing Safety Tips
- Hutsonville-Palestine working to save football co-op following low numbers
- Emotional damage left behind after no consolidation vote for Hutsonville and Palestine schools