MARTINSVILLE, Ill. (WTHI) - An arrest has been made in a four-year-old homicide case after a suspect confessed to the crime.
The parents of Kaylyn Whitaker told News 10 they heard from the Illinois State Police on Monday morning.
24-year-old Connor Scott has been arrested for Kaylyn's murder.
The Hendricks County Jail confirmed he was arrested at 1:50 Monday morning.
Danville Police confirmed that Scott walked into their headquarters on Sunday evening and gave a full confession.
Police indicate he had been living in Danville about six-months after living in Noblesville.
Kaylyn Whitaker died on October 31st of 2014.
It happened at a home in Martinsville, Illinois.
That's in Clark County.
Kaylyn's mother and father spoke with News 10 before the fourth anniversary of her death.
They said Scott claimed Kaylyn shot herself.
It took a full year after her death for it to be ruled homicide.
We will bring you more details as soon as they become available.
- Arrest made in four-year-old Clark County homicide case after suspect confesses
- Suspect confesses in four year cold case out of Illinois
- Joshua Hall gets 16 years in Sullivan County homicide case
- Arrest made in firework explosion case
- Arrest made in New Year's Eve stabbing
- Sheriff’s report: Suspect confessed to Florida school attack
- Local homicide case makes national headlines
- Arrest made in armed robbery case from early Wednesday morning
- Parts of Clark County under boil order
- Clark County will have a new sheriff