TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Many in Terre Haute spent their Saturday providing a safe and clean environment by beautifying the city.
Close to 200 volunteers participated in the city clean-up.
They targeted several areas, including neighborhoods and parks.
Several organizations and city leaders participated.
Vigo County CASA provided gloves for volunteers to protect their hands.
"It's been great seeing all the age groups out today. We've had from little bitty kids all the way up, so it's been amazing to see everybody out helping clean up our community. It's been wonderful," CASA director Glenna Cheesman said.
The City of Terre Haute wants to remind all members of the community to help the environment by cleaning up around your property, streets, and allies.
- Around 200 gather for citywide cleanup
- Vermillion County Cleanup fast approaching
- Illinois Bicentennial Celebration to honor 200 veterans
- 200 honored at Night to Shine Prom
- Cemetery board reacts to Bethesda Cemetery cleanup
- 12 Point Cleanup prompts city's attention
- Community comes together to cleanup Terre Haute
- Cleanup complete for overturned grain truck
- Otter Creek Township holding cleanup this weekend