VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Area hospitals have started new screenings for COVID-19.
Regional Hospital in Terre Haute and Union Hospitals in both Clinton and Terre Haute are taking part.
The screening process involves people answering a few questions about illness and travel.
The Vigo County Health Commissioner says it's important not to panic and to stay educated.
"Health care providers are being the same way. We are working together to make sure we are doing what we can to stay prepared. There's so much unknown. The misinformation gets expanded upon and that's what's causing some issues," Dr. Darren Brucken told us.
Learn more about hospital restrictions here.
- Area hospitals start COVID-19 restrictions
- Wabash Valley hospital restrictions for COVID-19
- Local hospitals lifting visitor restrictions
- Visitor restrictions starting Jan. 8 for all St. Vincent hospitals
- Terre Haute's hospitals lift flu restrictions
- Navy Support Activity Crane adds restrictions for COVID-19 pandemic
- Area hospitals implement visitor restrictions due to uptick in flu-related illnesses
- Both Terre Haute hospitals start flu restrictions as Indiana flu numbers are up
- Area hospitals prepare for disasters
- Greene County hospital puts flu restrictions in place