PALESTINE, Ill. (WTHI) - Wine, food and crafts.
Those are just a few things you'd find in Palestine, Illinois Sunday.
That's with the 17th annual Wine and Arts Festival taking place.
Each year the Palestine Development Association puts on the festival.
Thousands of people come from all around to enjoy the festivities.
Organizers said one of their favorite parts is meeting new people and seeing them enjoy the fun.
"Just to see their excitement and being on the street friends gathering together. We've had bridal parties that have come reunions taking place out on the street, so it's all those people coming together to enjoy the festival and have a good time," said Susan Goodwine, with the PDA.
All the money made at the wine festival goes back into the community.
The Palestine Development Association said they have used the money to upgrade parks, sports facilities and more for the community.
- Another successful year for the wine and arts festival
- A successful year for law enforcement at the covered bridge festival
- Gunfire erupts at New Jersey arts festival; 22 wounded
- Art and wine fundraiser benefits children in need in Vigo County
- Another successful year for Newport Antique Auto Hill Climb
- Career Fair Connections to Success
- VCSC celebrates success on IREAD-3
- Yoga and wine event helps bring in a relaxing new year
- Art Spaces announces financial Pledge
- Buy art, help the YMCA