VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - An act of kindness could make a big difference for some Vigo County families.
On Thursday, an anonymous donor paid off the lunch fees at two local schools.
It amounted to around $1,500.
School leaders say that means a lot to students and families.
"He (the donor) remembers not having enough food to eat. He's successful and wanted to give some money back to students who may need the same thing that he needed as a student," Director of Student Services Tom Balitewicz said.
- Anonymous donor pays off lunch fees for two Vigo County schools
- Vigo County forced to pay $16,000 in attorney fees for Jauston Huerta
- New program allows parents to pay for school lunch online
- New online system allows parents access to child's lunch account in Vigo County
- Plaintiff in Vigo County Jail lawsuit files for $35K in attorney fees
- Deadline to pay property taxes in Vigo County is approaching
- Blood donors honored for World Blood Donor Day
- Pick comes to an agreement, pays back $88,000 to Vigo County School Corporation
- Most memorable moments for Vigo County schools
- C-SPAN Bus Visits Vigo County Schools