VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - An act of kindness could make a big difference for some Vigo County families.
On Thursday, an anonymous donor paid off the lunch fees at two local schools.
It amounted to around $1,500.
School leaders say that means a lot to students and families.
"He (the donor) remembers not having enough food to eat. He's successful and wanted to give some money back to students who may need the same thing that he needed as a student," Director of Student Services Tom Balitewicz said.
- Anonymous donor pays off lunch fees for two Vigo County schools
- Anonymous donor pays off over $900 in outstanding lunch balances to honor Colten Howard
- Anonymous diner pays lunch tab for 11 sheriff's deputies
- Vigo County forced to pay $16,000 in attorney fees for Jauston Huerta
- New program allows parents to pay for school lunch online
- Plaintiff in Vigo County Jail lawsuit files for $35K in attorney fees
- New online system allows parents access to child's lunch account in Vigo County
- Wanted man arrested after anonymous tip
- Deadline to pay property taxes in Vigo County is approaching
- Blood donors honored for World Blood Donor Day