CASEY, Ill. (WTHI) - A lot of folks are expected to pop in to Casey, Illinois throughout the weekend.
That's as the 31st Annual Popcorn Festival is underway.
They also give out free popcorn to anyone who attends.
Organizers said they usually pop and give out about 1,000 pounds of popcorn!
They said the best part though is seeing familiar faces come back every year.
"It's a reunion, it's a homecoming," said Event Coordinator Bernie Morgan, "You see families out here, we're in our 31st year, and we've got moms and dads who were kids when we first started. So we're into our many generations of families since our beginning."
The Popcorn Festival continues all weekend long. For more information, click here.
- Annual Popcorn Festival underway in Casey
- Celebrating the 31st annual strawberry festival
- Banks of the Wabash Festival is underway, here's the schedule
- Meet Casey-Westfield's new SRO
- Montezuma Elementary second graders sell popcorn to buy teddy bears for first responders
- Brazil gears up for 83rd annual 4th of July Festival
- Church gears up to hold their annual festival
- Annual festival gets public up close and personal with bats
- Celebrating the 31st annual strawberry festival in Terre Haute
- Casey library announces an expansion, accepting donations