WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - A nationwide blood shortage continues. And the American Red Cross says the shortage is tied to winter weather.
Officials say more than 600 blood drives across the country have been canceled just this year!
They say they're short 17,500 donations nationwide and in Indiana alone they're short 1,400 donations!
To schedule your appointment to give the gift of life you have a couple options. Click here and search for a blood drive near you.
Or, you can pick-up the phone and call 1-800-Red Cross to schedule a donation.
- American Red Cross reports the nationwide blood shortage continues
- American Red Cross offers special edition shirt for blood donations
- Community Spotlight: American Red Cross.
- Vigo County YMCA holds blood drive to help Red Cross
- Red Cross asks blood donors to be a winter hero
- Illinois schools continue to face teacher shortage
- Blood shortage hits critical levels, officials ask for your help
- Ranch will impact youth nationwide
- Indiana continues to see teacher shortage amid drop in pay
- Fire departments continue to battle shortage in volunteers