WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - A nationwide blood shortage continues. And the American Red Cross says the shortage is tied to winter weather.
Officials say more than 600 blood drives across the country have been canceled just this year!
They say they're short 17,500 donations nationwide and in Indiana alone they're short 1,400 donations!
To schedule your appointment to give the gift of life you have a couple options. Click here and search for a blood drive near you.
Or, you can pick-up the phone and call 1-800-Red Cross to schedule a donation.
- American Red Cross reports the nationwide blood shortage continues
- American Red Cross offers special edition shirt for blood donations
- Community Spotlight: American Red Cross.
- ISU hosts Red Cross blood drive
- Union Hospital hosts American Red Cross Blood Drive, here's how you can still help
- American Red Cross to hold blood drive at Indiana State University
- Vigo County YMCA holds blood drive to help Red Cross
- Red Cross in drastic need of blood supply
- Red Cross asks for your help with blood donation
- Red Cross asks blood donors to be a winter hero