ILLINOIS (WTHI) - $2.9 billion: That's how much cash and property value is unclaimed in Illinois.
Now, there's a faster and easier way for people to find out if the state is holding any of their unclaimed cash or property.
They include allowing people to file claims electronically.
The process allows for quicker approval and payment of lower dollar amount claims. The property includes insurance policies, lost bank accounts and safe deposit boxes that have been forgotten.
Click here for the link to find out if you have unclaimed money.
- Almost $3 billion in unclaimed cash and property in Illinois
- Illinois doctor admits dispensing opioids for cash, sex
- Deadline to redeem unclaimed $1 million lottery ticket nears
- Staff from Indiana Attorney General's Office helped Rockville residents find their unclaimed money
- Harvest Emergency in Illinois
- Illinois lawmakers revisit gun legislation
- Vigo County property tax deadline nearing
- Former Pfizer property discussed during redevelopment meeting
- Brazil property damaged from snow plow trucks
- Sale Pending for Beau Monde property