VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The Vigo County Commissioners report a decision has been made on who will complete the assessment for the Vigo County Jail.
At a meeting on Wednesday morning the Commissioners approved a contract for RJS Inc. for a complete jail assessment. The Commissioners expect work to begin as soon as possible.
Commissioners report they chose this company because they could provide a complete assessment for them.
"The RJS partnership proposes a cost-effective and unique approach to assessing the provision of criminal justice and jail service ion Vigo County and the development of a draft action plan," RJS stated in paperwork to the Vigo County Commissioners.
Paperwork from RJS to Vigo County Commissioners stated they want to do four on site visits ranging from three to four days per visit, off-sit research, analyses, report work, and conference calls.
"Our hope and prayer is that we never have to do this again,” said Vigo County Commissioner Judy Anderson. “If we build our jail and we put all of these programs into a process and make them work, then down the road our kids or whoever is in our seats at that time - won't face this issue."
Anderson says the most important part is the assessment will spell out the entire process for you the people footing the bill.
“They're going to look at everything, from the time they come in through the court system and how it's all processed,” Anderson continued. “Until he is released or her and then we'll get a good idea."
RJS is projecting this assessment will take between six to eight months from start, unless extended by mutual agreement and the projected cost is $95,000.
- Agency selected for Vigo County Jail assessment
- Vigo County Commissioners report jail assessment completed
- Vigo County Jail assessment could be done by Friday
- Vigo County has hard deadline for new jail location selection
- Vigo County Commissioners select a location for new Vigo County Jail
- Dates scheduled for RJS to tour the Vigo County Jail for assessment
- Vigo County's assessor speaks out after high assessments
- Holcomb calls for ‘complete assessment’ of child agency
- Jury selection underway for criminal confinement trial in Vigo County
- New president selected during Vigo County Commissioner meeting