TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Local groups are stepping up to in hopes to help continue a tradition in Tere Haute.
That's after the Vigo County Veterans Council said they were canceling the annual Veterans Day Parade due to a lack of interest.
This is a story we first told you about on Monday.
Now, the Loyal Veterans Batallion is teaming up with council members and other groups to help get things back up and running.
Things are still in the works and there's not been an official announcement to have the parade this year.
Those at the Loyal Veterans Batallion say they'll have more details later this week.
If you would like to volunteer, check out their Facebook page here.
- After the Veterans Day Parade was canceled in Terre Haute...local groups ban together
- Terre Haute's Labor Day Parade
- Terre Haute's Veterans Day Parade officially back on
- Celebration continues after Terre Haute Veterans Day Parade
- Annual Veterans Day Parade set for Sunday in Terre Haute
- 'We can't start forgetting about our veterans,' local veterans frustrated there will be no Veterans Day parade in Terre Haute
- Three World War II veterans set to take part in Terre Haute's Veterans Day Parade
- Saint Patrick's Day parade kicks off in downtown Terre Haute
- Several organizations commit to Veterans Day parade
- Local groups host community dinner in West Terre Haute