INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - We have new information on the case involving former Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent Danny Tanoos.
This week, Tanoos filed to ask the Indiana Supreme Court to take up the case.
He's facing bribery charges in Marion County.
There's a long legal history here. The Marion County Court denied his request to dismiss the charges. He appealed that ruling. The appeals court upheld the charges.
LINK | APPEALS DOCUMENTS
This new action requests that the state supreme court looks into the issue.
Tanoos's legal team has argued that the prosecution has not proven actual wrong-doing under state code.
They say there was not a specific quid-pro-quo.
- After losing appeals, former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos's legal team asks state supreme court to look into charges
- Appeals court affirms bribery charges against former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- Court to consider Tanoos appeal
- VCSC 'moving forward' following termination of Danny Tanoos
- An emotional Danny Tanoos announces his retirement as Superintendent of VCSC
- Judge postpones trial for former superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Danny Tanoos wraps up his last day as superintendent
- Judge approves continuance for former VCSC Supt. Danny Tanoos, pushing his court date to next year
- Judge grants Danny Tanoos the ability to take case to the court of appeals