VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One person has died after a crash on Interstate 70 in Vigo County.
Indiana State Police reports the accident was in the eastbound lanes of I-70 and involved an RV. The accident happened just after 10:30 a.m. on Monday.
According to police, 77-year-old Richard D. Harris of Herrin, Illinois was killed in the crash.
Indiana State Police tells News 10 Harris left the roadway and hit the guardrail. He was then ejected through the windshield.
Investigators believe an issue with the right front tire was to blame for the crash.
- Driver in fatal I-70 crash identified, troopers say tire issue to blame
- Heavy rain to blame for I-70 crash
- Driver blames blown tire for Wednesday afternoon crash
- Brazil man arrested after fatal I-70 crash
- Police identify the victim of Friday night fatal crash on I-70
- Police investigating crash on I-70
- Police identify the man involved in deadly I-70 crash
- Police identify man in Clay County I-70 motorcycle crash
- Two years after fatal I-70 crash killed two small children, semi driver charged
- Police investigate fatal crash on WB I-70 near airport