VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - An accident on E. Rio Grande Avenue on Friday morning will impact Duke Energy customers in the area.
Vigo County Sheriff’s Office reports a truck sideswiped a high voltage pole around 9 a.m. on E. Rio Grande. This caused the pole to snap, land in a yard and catch the yard on fire.
There were no injuries reported with this accident but a section of E. Rio Grande will be shut down for about six hours. That is while Duke Energy replaces the pole.
E. Rio Grande Avenue will be shut down between N. Stuthard Street to Gallagher Road.
Duke Energy reports an estimated 300 customers could lose power for some time while the repair work is being done. This will mostly be in the Fontanet area.
For more information, check out the Duke Energy website by clicking here.
- Accident on E. Rio Grande takes out Duke Energy pole; will impact customers in the area
- Duke Energy customers set record for energy usage
- Duke Energy: Scheduled power outage for certain customers in North Terre Haute area
- Duke Energy implodes generating station chimney
- State regulators approve Duke Energy rate reduction
- Duke Energy set to undergo substation improvements
- Duke Energy vendor’s hack may mean stolen customer bank info
- Duke Energy issues warning after scammers try to rip off customers
- Duke Energy utility CEO got big boosts to severance, pay
- Duke Energy reports an outage in North Terre Haute