TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Two vehicles were involved in an accident at 3rd and Cherry streets in Terre Haute
The accident happened after 10:15 a.m. at the intersection of 3rd and Cherry. Our crew at the scene reports the accident involved a Terre Haute Police officer in a blue unmarked vehicle and a silver Mustang.
Witnesses at the scene told police the Mustang failed to stop at the red light while traveling north on Third Street. The Mustang then hit the THPD officer who was heading west on Cherry Street.
Minor injuries were reported and the officer was taken to the hospital for treatment.
THPD stated the officer was on duty at the time of the accident.
News 10 will follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Accident at 3rd and Cherry in Terre Haute involving THPD officer
- Terre Haute man arrested after fight with THPD officer
- One injured after accident involving pedestrian in Terre Haute
- THPD welcomes new K9 officer
- Pursuit with THPD ends in downtown Terre Haute
- West Terre Haute man creates shadow box to hold fallen THPD officer's awards
- Terre Haute South earns 3rd place in math competition
- THPD Investigating Shots Fired
- Services set for THPD K9 Officer Arie
- Local dentist office presents check to THPD