RICHLAND COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - An Illinois man riding an ATV in rural Richland County found the body of a man who had been missing for about six weeks.
70-year-old Stanley Shoulders of Sumner was found dead in his pickup truck on a farm access road.
Richland County Coroner Steven Patterson told News 10 Shoulders suffered from dementia.
Patterson said Shoulders used to take the farm access road home many years ago.
Now, it's overgrown and Shoulders got stuck.
He died from hypothermia and exposure.
- ATV driver finds the body of Richland County man reported missing weeks ago
- Missing: 42-year-old Vigo County man disappeared a week ago, police need your help finding him
- Richland county gets new school superintendent
- Richland County prepares with active shooter training
- Richland County moves forward on renovation project
- Snowmobiler finds bodies of missing Indianapolis couple
- Sullivan County man charged when police find stolen ATV in the back of his pickup truck
- Richland county schools recover from Illinois budget crisis
- Golden Apple: Hands-on teaching at Richland County Middle School
- Richland County dispatchers teach kids how to call 911