VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The man accused of murdering Alice "Anita" Oswald is behind bars.
Kenneth Pitts, Jr. was arrested just before midnight Friday night at a campsite in the state of Nevada.
After receiving information Pitts was in Laughlin, Nevada, the Terre Haute Police Department contacted officers with the Las Vegas Police Department, who made the arrest.
Pitts is currently in the Clark County, Nevada jail.
Officials in Vigo County will soon start the process of extradition to bring him back to Vigo County.
- ARRESTED: Las Vegas police arrest Kenneth Pitts, Jr. in Nevada campsite
- Kenneth Pitts Junior extradited to Vigo County
- We now know when Kenneth Pitts, Jr. will return to Vigo County
- Trial date set for Kenneth R. Pitts Jr in Anita Oswald case
- Kenneth Pitts Jr. trial for the murder of Anita Oswald delayed
- "We also believe there's a strong possibility that he could be in more rural areas." Police continue their search for Kenneth Pitts, Jr.
- You may have heard the name Kenneth Pitts before, here's why
- Las Vegas Emergency Contact Numbers
- Prayer vigil set for Las Vegas victims
- New Hampshire couple found buried on Texas beach near campsite