SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
But for Canton Allen's parents, this picture is priceless.
At the young age of six, Canton's dream is to one day become a K9 police officer.
All decked out in his own police uniform, Canton took advantage of the moment and acknowledged Sullivan County Sheriff Clark Cottom with a salute during the recent Corn Festival Parade.
"He was standing there at attention and you would've thought he was in the military quite honestly. It caught my eye instantly...so I came to attention and saluted him and he saluted me back," Cottom said.
Canton's parents told us he puts on his police outfit as soon as he gets home from school and pretends to catch the bad guys.
- A six-year-old with goals, Canton Allen salutes Sullivan County's sheriff in viral photo
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Sheriff's Office looking for wanted sex offender
- Sullivan County sheriff piecing together night of fire victim's accident
- Tractor stolen in Sullivan County
- Joshua Hall gets 16 years in Sullivan County homicide case
- Adjust your goals; tips to reach your new year resolutions
- Teaching children to set goals in the new year
- "Gesture of love": Photo of police officer breastfeeding malnourished baby goes viral
- Sullivan County Sheriff says crews have worked over 20 slide-offs