TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Christmas is a day to spend opening presents, eating good food and having quality time with family. But, for some the day wouldn't be complete without a trip to the movies.
Virtually everything is closed on Christmas day. But, for movies theaters everywhere it is notably one of their busiest days of the year.
It's a big day for AMC Showplace 12 in Terre Haute.
Susan Bumgardner says it's part of her family's Christmas celebration.
"It's a family tradition to come see a movie," Bumgardner said.
A crowded theater all to see a movie on the big screen.
Sean Patterson is very excited to see the Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
"I've been wanting to see it for a while," Patterson said. "I decided Christmas would be a good day to come."
Patterson brought his dad with him.
"I don't see my parents all that often," Patterson said. "So it's good to come see a movie with my dad when I can. It's a nice time to spend with family."
Taking a seat at the movie theaters, is just the place some people want to be.
- A Christmas tradition at the movie theaters
- Terre Haute's upcoming drive-in movie theater has a name
- New drive-in movie theater one step closer to reality
- Brazil Christmas Parade offers a chance for tradition
- It's Christmas in July at the drive-in theater
- Apple Festival continues 49-year tradition
- When new and classic collide, plans in the works for new drive-in movie theater
- Terre Haute's new drive-in movie theater one step closer to opening
- Looking for plans this weekend? How about a drive-in movie, Moonlite Theater opens on Saturday
- Celebrating 'National Drive-In Movie Day' at Terre Haute's drive-in theater