TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A recent discovery at the 7th Street re-construction project in Terre Haute will push the cost of the work over $500,000.
The city is rebuilding 7th Street between Hulman and Voorhees.
The contractor will remove the inter-urban rail lines.
The city engineer's office says the sub-base to the east of those lines is weak and must be replaced.
That's to prevent new pavement from falling into disrepair with two years.
The Board of Public Works and Safety approved a change order to the project to cover the additional cost.
The additional cost will total about $95,000.
- 7th Street construction costs jump nearly $100,000 after issue discovered
- Next phase of 7th Street construction starts
- South 7th Street reopens after construction project
- Gas lines on 7th Street delay construction project
- Road Closed: Construction begins on part of south 7th Street
- Construction closes Vincennes street
- Employers jump into providing care as health costs rise
- Tree arrives at Terre Haute's Miracle on 7th Street
- Miracle on 7th Street continues with Light Your Way parade
- Miracle on 7th Street presents checks to local charities