WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - According to the Consumer Federation of America, it's estimated that about 70 million vehicles on the road today have open recalls.
A startling 25 to 30 percent of those recalled vehicles go unrepaired.
Dealers cannot sell new vehicles with an open recall, but there are no federal laws against selling a used car with one.
To find out if your vehicle has a recall, click here.
- 70 million vehicles on the road have an open recall, here's how to check on yours
- Check your kitchen for these recalled foods
- Officials remind consumers to check for recalls
- Ford recalls 1.4 million vehicles due to possibility of steering wheel coming off
- City Council still frustrated with $70 million bond proposal
- $70 million sewer bond proposal withdrawn, other measures approved
- Authorities suggest checking home extinguishers after massive recall
- Kia recalls over 500K vehicles; air bags may not inflate
- Subaru recalls 1.3M vehicles in US for brake light problem
- Honda recalls 1.4 million cars to replace air bag inflators