Asheville, NC (WLOS) -- One woman says she has plenty to be thankful for after celebrating 106 Thanksgivings in her lifetime.
Louise Vetere was born in 1912 in New Orleans.
On Thursday, she was in South Asheville with her family for a traditional Thanksgiving meal.
Vetere told News 13 she has a lot to be thankful for.
"That's what I'm thankful for, that God gave me grandchildren. They're the best!" she exclaimed.
"I want to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving ... and everybody should be happy, as I'm happy today with my grandchildren," Vetere added.
It's sound advice for anyone on Thanksgiving.
Please note: This content carries a strict local market embargo. If you share the same market as the contributor of this article, you may not use it on any platform.
- Woman celebrates 106th Thanksgiving surrounded by family
- Light House Mission celebrates Thanksgiving after years of recovery
- Celebration honors adoptive and foster families
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- Vincennes churches deliver Thanksgiving turkeys to local families in need
- Terre Haute Chamber partners with surrounding communities in new partnership
- City could join surrounding area for Sunday carryout sales
- Police surround house for burglary, find deer instead
- Terre Haute woman celebrates her 101st birthday
- Thanksgiving travel: changes for 2017