OLNEY, Ill. (WTHI) - A local child has died in an accidental drowning. It happened at a home in Olney, Illinois.
News 10 reached out to the Richland County coroner's office Tuesday. The coroner said 18 month-old Ellen Schick drowned in an above ground pool on Sunday.
The coroner believes she may have found her way up the ladder and into the pool on her own. The coroner is calling this a tragic accident.
- IL Toddler dies after drowning in family pool
- Farmer talks safety after IL grain bin accident
- Bloomfield pool reopens
- IL teens enter to woods instead of the classroom on "Deer Day"
- Marshall city officials meet over pool costs
- Committee formed for Sullivan City Pool
- Group gathers to discuss pool options
- Bloomfield pool breaks ground on renovation project
- Vincennes pool preps for opening weekend
- Rainbow Beach Pool has an opening date