MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Terre Haute man is dead after a road construction accident.
On Tuesday morning, a 49-year-old employee from ICC was killed after a large steel beam fell from a support post and struck him.
It happened in Montgomery County, on Interstate 74.
Other employees on the site started rescue efforts, but they were not successful.
Foul play, drugs, or alcohol are not believed to be factors.
The victim's name is not yet being released.
INDOT and OSHA were contacted.
ICC is a company contracted through the Indiana Department of Transportation.
- Terre Haute man dies in Montgomery County construction accident
- Terre Haute man dies in Edgar County motorcycle accident
- Man dies after Sullivan County mine accident
- Greene County man dies in mining accident
- Sullivan County man dies in tractor accident
- Three hurt after falling 30-50 feet during construction accident in Terre Haute
- Crews unearth human skull at Terre Haute construction site
- Longtime Terre Haute construction expected to wrap up soon
- One injured after accident involving pedestrian in Terre Haute
- Crews work Friday afternoon traffic accident in Terre Haute