UPDATE 4/21/18 - Autopsy results have been released regarding the victim in a double shooting in Oaktown, Indiana.
Indiana State Police Sgt. Todd Ringle confirmed the results to News 10 on Saturday.
Ringle says Sharon M. Patton died from a single gunshot wound.
The manner of death is still pending.
Police do not anticipate any more information to be released until sometime next week.
KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana State Police Detectives are still investigating a double shooting that occurred at 3386 E. Cardinal Road, Oaktown.
The male has been identified as Roger S. Darrough, 63.
He is still being treated for serious injuries at Deaconess Midtown Hospital in Evansville.
The deceased female has been identified as Sharon M. Patton, 56.
Darrough and Patton resided together at the residence.
Indiana State Police and Knox County Sheriff’s Office responded to the residence Wednesday night. That's after a family member requested a welfare check on the occupants.
Darrough was found in the detached garage. Patton was found inside the residence.
Detectives do not believe anyone else is involved in this shooting.
Sergent Todd Ringle with ISP says it is possible the shooting happened earlier in than Wednesday when they discovered the situation.
This is still an on-going investigation and additional information will be released as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Autopsy results released for double shooting victim
- Coroner releases autopsy results for officer killed in shooting
- Multiple gunshot wounds: Autopsy results released for Putnam Street shooting victim
- Victim's name released in Idle Creek Shooting
- 2018 ISP Scheid Diesel patrol results released
- Preliminary autopsy results reveal the cause of death for 20-year-old Mitchell Ridge
- Police release name of weekend Cleveland Ave. shooting victim
- Autopsy completed for body found in pond
- Autopsy complete; no positive identification on Sullivan County house fire victim
- RJS Justice Services releases preliminary jail survey results