Home damaged by early morning fire

Firefighters say a space heater may have caused fire

Posted: Mar. 21, 2018 7:30 AM
Updated: Mar. 21, 2018 7:37 AM

WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An overnight fire heavily damaged a home.

Firefighters got the call just before 2:00 Wednesday morning.

It happened at 1735 West Taylor Avenue in West Terre Haute. That's just south of St. Mary of the Woods.

Crews found flames shooting from the east side of the house.

Duke Energy was called to the scene to handle live electrical wires on the ground.

We're told everyone made it out of the home safely.

Firefighters tell News 10 the fire may have been started by a space heater.

Article Comments

Terre Haute
Clear
51° wxIcon
Hi: 51° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 51°
Robinson
Clear
49° wxIcon
Hi: 51° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 45°
Indianapolis
Scattered Clouds
52° wxIcon
Hi: 53° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 52°
Rockville
Clear
51° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 27°
Feels Like: 51°
Casey
Clear
51° wxIcon
Hi: 50° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 51°
Brazil
Clear
51° wxIcon
Hi: 52° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 51°
Marshall
Clear
51° wxIcon
Hi: 51° Lo: 28°
Feels Like: 51°
Sunny and mild to end the weekend.
WTHI Planner
WTHI Temps
WTHI Radar

Latest Video

Image

News 10 Sunday morning weather update

Image

Community Center Benefit Concert

Image

Daddy Daughter Dance

Image

Clothe-A-Child Giveaway

Image

Wreaths Across America Day

Image

2 arrested on felony drug charges

Image

Name released in fatal car vs. pedestrian accident

Image

Volunteer Firefighter Training

Image

Saturday Forecast

Image

Friday Late Forecast

WTHI Events