VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - One man is dead after a single-vehicle crash in southern Vigo County.
It happened after 6 a.m. on U.S. 41 across from Boot City. The Vigo County Sheriff’s Office says the driver was thrown from his car.
Witnesses tell police they saw the car traveling north on 41 when it drifted across the median and crashed into a field.
No one else was in the car at the time. The Sheriff’s Office does not believe alcohol or drugs were involved. A cause is still being determined.
Both lanes of U.S. 41 South should be reopened.
- Driver killed in crash that closed part of U.S. 41 South
- U.S. 41 back open after evening crash
- Lyford construction project set to enter a new phase...part of U.S. 41 to completely close
- One lane of U.S. 41 was closed Thursday south of Lyford after accident
- Road Closed: Construction begins on part of south 7th Street
- U.S. Highway 41 resurfacing project complete
- ISP releases information as to why U.S. 41 was shut down south of Oaktown Wednesday evening
- Driver cited after Vincennes crash
- Part of 25th Street to close Monday
- United Methodist Village to close South campus