PUTNAM COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Sullivan woman is behind bars after investigators say she tried traffic drugs into the Putnamville Correctional Facility.
Officials with the prison say Christina Pupo was visiting inmate Christopher Webster.
The prison's Office of Investigations and Intelligence learned that Pupo may attempt to bring drugs into the prison.
That is when they set up surveillance.
While watching her, investigators say Pupo tried to hide what appeared to be Suboxone in some food she bought for Webster.
Prison officials stopped her before she returned to Webster, and started questioning her.
Investigators say Pupo admitted to trafficking drugs in for Webster two different times.
She is currently in the Putnam County Jail.
- Sullivan woman arrested trying to traffic drugs into prison
- Terre Haute woman facing drug charges after traffic stop
- Traffic stop leads to drug arrest in Vermillion County
- LOCATED: Police find missing Sullivan County woman
- Arrests up 20 percent in Sullivan County
- Wanted man arrested in Sullivan County
- 10 people arrested in Greene and Sullivan Counties after a four-month-long drug investigation
- Sullivan County couple arrested after police found raccoons and drugs in home
- Meeting in Sullivan County focuses on drug prevention
- Indianapolis woman accused of trying to traffic drugs into Putnamville Correctional Facility