TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Many of you have reached out to News 10 with one question in particular.
With a large police presence around the home accused shooter, Mikey Reynolds was in on Monday, how could he leave the 1st Avenue address and make it all the way to 4th Avenue.
We reached out to Terre Haute Police Chief John Plasse for answers.
Plasse said his department is not hiding behind the mistake.
He added a full investigation into how the suspect escaped the home is now underway.
Once that investigation is complete, the department intends to release that information to both the media and the public.
- How did accused shooter Mikey Reynolds escape the police perimeter? We asked THPD's chief
- Police: Victim identified Avenue standoff shooter as Mikey Reynolds
- "We have to be better than this..." Chief John Plasse on Mikey Reynolds escape
- Police identify officers that fired fatal shots at Mikey Reynolds
- Prosecutor's office to release findings on Mikey Reynolds police action shooting this week
- Chief Plasse takes responsibilty for failure to keep suspect in perimeter during stand-off
- THPD Investigating Shots Fired
- THPD Chief Plasse shares words following Officer Pitts' death
- "He could have very easily killed someone else." Police chief has no excuses after suspect breaks perimeter and goes to Walmart