SUMNER, Ill. (WTHI) - Unlisted Owner is a "found footage" horror film about a group of friends making bad choices that lead to a night filled with horror and terror. That's according to the film's Writer/Director, Jed Brian, who's an Illinois native.
Brian says the movie was filmed entirely in the Southeastern Illinois town of Sumner by his production company, Lawford County Productions. He says the cast is mostly from the Sumner area. This includes Jed Brian himself, Gavin Groves, Haidee Corona, Andrea Potts, Tyler Landers and Levi Atkins. Brian says the film has a strong Midwestern feel, and is being released by Tomcat Films/Summerhill Films.
Brian shares that Unlisted Owner has had a powerful opening for pre-orders on Amazon since launching four weeks ago. The film has had stiff competition, competing against some of the most fan-filled horror franchises like, “The Walking Dead Season 7” and “American Horror Story Season 6” to new film releases such as “47 Meters Down”. In it's time, it's been able to stay in the Top 100 for Amazon's Hot New Releases under Horror, and was recently chosen as an Official Amazon's Choice.
Writer/Director Jed Brian says “It is so amazing to see Unlisted Owner do so well competing against such well known new releases in the toughest time of competition for a horror film.”
Briand adds, "In Unlisted Owner we find our group of six friends that hear of a family of five murdered in a house close to where they will be camping for the night. The group decides to return to investigate, which ends up being the worst mistake of their fun filled night."
The film will be released on DVD through Amazon November 14, 2017.
News 10's Lacey Clifton will have more on this local film tonight on News 10!
- Horror film with local ties trends on Amazon
- New horror film with Terre Haute ties premiers at Indiana Theater
- Black Friday trends changing
- 'Tis the season to be thieving' Police see trends of holiday theft, how to protect yourself
- Local animal shelter receives donation from Amazon
- Local faith-based film wins best feature at festival
- Girl’s escape exposes horror of 13 siblings kept captive
- Flu season on the downward trend
- Weather Trends for New Years Eve