VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A West Terre Haute Police Officer who was arrested on a domestic battery charge has been placed on administrative leave with pay.
The West Terre Haute Police Department reports Officer Jonathan Stevens Sr. was taken into custody by the Vigo County Sheriff's Office on Saturday night.
On the WTHPD Facebook page, a post states there was an alleged domestic dispute while Stevens was off duty.
West Terre Haute Police Chief reports Stevens has been placed on administrative leave with pay. A no contact order has been issued and Stevens is not allowed to handle any guns or ammunition.
Stevens was in court Monday morning. News 10 will have more on this story later Monday.
- WTH officer arrested on domestic battery charge placed on 'administrative leave with pay'
- West Terre Haute Police Officer arrested on domestic battery charge
- WTH Officers collect donations for community center
- Parke County woman arrested for domestic battery on a juvenile
- WTH man sought for questioning in connection to N. 18th Street murder, arrested on separate charge
- Bicknell police chief placed on administrative leave after he is accused of battery against a prosecutor's office employee
- Former commissioner out on bond after domestic battery and strangulation charges
- Bicknell police chief arrested on battery charge after incident with Knox County prosecutor's office investigator
- Several charges dropped, including rape, domestic battery, and strangulation as part of Terre Haute man's plea agreement
- Terre Haute man arrested on drug and battery charges after resisting arrest