VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Police report a 14-year-old drove drunk and then led police on a pursuit.
Indiana State Police report this happened early Saturday morning when a Trooper attempted to stop a vehicle for disregarding a stop sign.
At one point during the pursuit, the vehicle stopped, let out a passenger and then took off again. Police say the driver then missed a turn and struck a telephone pole.
While at the hospital, the teen's blood alcohol level tested 0.119.
But then his mother, Barbara Bendekovich, and his 17-year-old sister were both arrested. Authorities report both of them became combative with police and hospital staff, to create a distraction.
Police say Barbara struck a patrol car with her purse while the juvenile sister attempted to get into one of the patrol cars.
Both trying to stop police from taking the suspect to the juvenile center. It was then that police say the juvenile ran from the hospital.
But, he was quickly caught.
- 14-year-old taken into custody after reportedly driving drunk, fleeing police
- Two hurt and one in custody after driver reportedly flees the scene of a Vigo County crash
- Companies offering services to prevent drunk driving
- Dugger students learn drunk driving lesson
- Child suffers minor injuries after getting hit by car, driver reportedly flees the scene
- Woman driving reportedly jumped out of her moving car
- Drunk driving impacts more than just the driver's life
- Sheriff: Jail officer arrested on drunk driving charge
- Man facing charges for drunk driving and illegally carrying handgun
- Police investigating after armed person reportedly approached students at VU