TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Bowlers took the fast lane to help feed those in our community.
That's with the Boo-A-Thon, hosted by Meals on Wheels.
Teams hit the lanes on Sunday and received prizes for best costumes and the most money raised.
Proceeds benefit the Meals on Wheels program and its recipients.
"I love to see the people smile when you take them their food and they smile and they thank you," said Rita Kaperak, Director, "and they appreciate the fact that they have healthy nutritious food. It's warm in the winter time."
Although this was the first year for the event, organizers hope to continue it for years to come.
- Bowling event helps those who benefit from Meals on Wheels
- Meals on Wheels receives some special help
- Here's how you can donate to help Meals on Wheels
- Meals on Wheels hosts fundraiser dinner
- Meals on Wheels looking for volunteers in Wabash Valley
- Golf event benefits local children
- Soup Bowl benefit helps feed thousands in local community
- Dueling Pianos event benefits Sullivan community
- Meals on Wheels plans to still do deliveries, despite the cold weather
- ISU students hold Bowling and Voting Event