(WTHI) - As you browse the web on your personal devices, keep in mind that October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month.
Officials say 56 percent of American adults own smartphones. These devices hold a lot of personal information.
Here are some expert suggestions to protect yourself.
Officials recommend using strong passwords on your devices, as well as updating the software, back up all important data, always review personal data shared on an app and delete any unused apps. Lastly, review service or device's End User License Agreement, EULA.
- Protect yourself during National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Clerks office increases cyber security
- Novemeber becomes Alpha-1 awareness month
- National dog bite prevention month raises awareness in local communities
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Awareness Month
- Color run helps kick off Breast Cancer Awareness month
- September Kicks Off National Preparedness Month
- Pushing out suicide awareness
- Local clerk's office suffers cyber attack
- Cyber Monday; GM overhaul; Ghosn ousted, again