TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - All the candy your child receives on Halloween might not be so good for their teeth.
That’s why Kool Smiles Dental Office in Terre Haute is taking candy donations for a good cause.
Kids are encouraged to bring in their unopened candy and Kool Smiles will donate it to U.S. Troops.
For every 25 pieces of candy donated, the child will receive one toy in return.
The office will send care packages to the troops for a “sweet” reminder of home.
Last year, children donated more than four tons of candy through this program.
The office will be accepting donations until Saturday November 4th.
- Local dentistry taking candy donations to give to U.S. Troops
- Local dentistry impacted by the flu season
- Meijer's Simply Give program donates $75,000 to local food pantry
- 100 Women Who Give makes $15,000 donation
- Guys Who Give donate more than $6,000
- Hundreds donate to Give to Blue Day
- Get paid for your Halloween candy
- Fork in the Road - Flesor's Candy Kitchen
- Students take the chance to give back
- Local animal shelter receives donation from Amazon