WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A West Terre Haute police officer is facing charges after an alleged domestic dispute.
According to the West Terre Haute Police Department Facebook, Officer Jonathan Stevens Sr. was taken into custody by the Vigo County Sheriff's Office on Saturday night.
The post pointed to an alleged domestic dispute while Stevens was off duty.
News 10 found a little more information online. Stevens faces charges of Domestic Battery and is due in court on Monday morning.
The department says it will not comment any further and will wait until the judicial process moves forward.
We reached out to the department Sunday morning, we hope to learn more information in the coming days.
- West Terre Haute Police Officer arrested on domestic battery charge
- WTH officer arrested on domestic battery charge placed on 'administrative leave with pay'
- Terre Haute man arrested on drug and battery charges after resisting arrest
- West Terre Haute man faces rape charges
- Several charges dropped, including rape, domestic battery, and strangulation as part of Terre Haute man's plea agreement
- Board votes to dismiss West Terre Haute Police Officer
- Fired West Terre Haute police officer gets a court date
- Terre Haute man arrested for charges of rape and sexual battery
- Parke County woman arrested for domestic battery on a juvenile
- Terre Haute man arrested on rape charges