TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - It may not be winter yet, but is your car prepared for the cold weather ahead?
Local groups partnered up to take that worry off of your hands for free!
The Council On Domestic Abuse, or CODA, teamed up with NAPA Auto Care and Baesler's Market on Saturday.
Volunteers offered car check-ups complete with checking fluids, tire pressures and refilling windshield wiper fluids.
"Everyone deserves to have safe, stable, and nurturing relationships and environments," said Suzanne Gillies-Smith, outreach legal advocate, "So if our cars are safe, if our communities are safe, our homes could be safe."
If you stopped by the pump at all on Saturday, you also gave back! Baesler's donated 5 cents per gallon of gas sold.
- Local groups team up to provide free car check-ups
- Free car seat checks help keep local kids safe
- 'This is a major issue. We need to teach safety to our kids,' local groups team up to provide students in need with free drivers education courses
- ISU students team up with local group for community project
- Local groups teaming up for Drug Take Back Day
- School to provide free breakfast to students
- Local medical group expands
- 'We find that a majority of the homes don't have working smoke alarms...’local groups team up to install free smoke alarms for those in need
- Local group hosts car show to raise money for charities
- Local car washes offering free service for first responders