TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Car experts are saying now is the time to start getting your vehicle ready for winter.
Temperatures have dropped significantly and some areas are bracing for colder air.
Local car experts say to make sure tires have enough air in the winter and to make sure car batteries are working properly. They say summer-like conditions are hard on a car so by the time winter comes around the battery could be spent.
Owner of Finzel Autotech Steve Finzel says to also watch the cars anti-freeze protection level.
"You know the anti-freeze can be full and the car is not overheating so nobody does anything about it. You get those deep freezing temperatures and you could be in trouble if the anti-freeze isn't set right" Finzel says.
Finzel also says it is important for car owners to check tire treading ahead of driving on slick roadways.
- Car experts: Prepare vehicles for winter now
- Experts: Prepare to pay more at the pump
- Pet experts say prepare your pets for warm weather pests
- Vigo County Highway Department Prepares for Winter
- INDOT prepares for upcoming winter weather
- Winter Prep. Week: Getting Your Car Ready for Winter
- Protecting your car from winter's bite
- Experts say vehicles damaged by flooding could end up on the market
- Prepare now: this week is Winter Weather Preparedness Week
- Experts say this winter's low humidity may be responsible for flu outbreak