KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - The identity of a man involved in a fatal crash is released.
The Knox County Coroner says 46-year old Gregory A. Whitten Jr. of Vincennes died in a crash Friday night.
The Coroner says Whitten Jr. was driving South in a pickup truck on Highway 67 in Knox County.
That's when officials say Whitten Jr. went off the road, and hit a tree.
The Coroner says the Preliminary Cause of Death is head and chest injuries that Whitten Jr. sustained in the crash. However, the Coroner adds that toxicology results are pending, and an investigation is ongoing.
KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A man is dead after a vehicle crash in Knox County.
The Knox County Coroner says it happened around 8:30 Friday night.
He says it happened on Highway 67 just southwest of North McCormick Road in Knox County.
The Knox County Coroner's Office says a 46-year-old male was driving South in a pickup truck.
That's when officials says he went off the road, and hit a tree.
The name of man is not being released by the coroner at this time.
However the coroner's office says an autopsy will be held Saturday morning.
News 10 will follow this story as the investigation continues.
- Man who died in Knox County crash identified
- Officials identify man that died in Knox County police chase
- Knox County man sentenced for attacking teacher
- Man charged with arson in Knox County
- Knox County burn ban lifted
- Knox County prepares for primaries
- Victim identified in Clay County fatal crash
- Two people dead, another airlifted after crash in Knox County
- UPDATE: Edgar County man dies after Friday night crash
- Knox County man arrested after four hour standoff on Monday