MARTINSVILLE, Ill. (WTHI) - Investigators are encouraging anyone with information about a recent sexual abuse case to come forward.
News 10 brought you the breaking story Thursday night a man with close ties to Illinois girls’ basketball is accused of sexual abuse and assault.
Barry S. Wolfe of Martinsville, Illinois was arrested Thursday evening. Wolfe is the Director of Operations for the Central Illinois Storm and Elite Basketball.
A source close to the league says Wolfe focused mainly on recruiting.
According to police, Wolfe is accused of engaging in oral sex and other sexual acts with a juvenile while he held a position of power.
He faces eight counts of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse and five counts of Sexual Assault.
Wolfe remains in the Coles County Safety and Detention Center on a $500,000 bond.
His initial court appearance is set for Monday, October 30th at 9:00 am at the Coles County Courthouse.
This is an ongoing investigation. Multiple agencies are working together including Mattoon Police Department, Effingham Police Department, Illinois State Police and the Coles County Sheriff’s Department.
Investigators tell News 10 they expect more victims to come forward.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact police.
News 10 has made attempts to contact officials with the Central Illinois Storm. The team website is down for “work on the site.”
- Police: Wolfe engaged sexual acts with a juvenile while he held a position of power
- Kentucky shooting suspect ordered held in juvenile court
- Police recover two stolen handguns, juvenile in custody
- Casey Police looking for missing juvenile last seen Wednesday
- Vigo County Juvenile Center getting upgrades
- Engaged wrestlers John Cena and Nikki Bella break up
- Students and administration respond to controversy over speaking engagement
- Juvenile cited after police say he crashed into a school bus
- Terre Haute Police received 30 reports of vandalism, several juveniles in custody
- Defining Lone Wolf Terrorism: Discussion takes place at ISU