TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Mexican food always sounds good to most and for the Fork in the Road Crew, well, they're not going to ever pass on a good taco or two!
So, when the crew drove by a Taco Tequila's Mexican Grill and Cantina that had a line of customers out the door, they had to stop!
"People come here and say ‘Oh my god this is different I have never seen something like this,’" Manager Eber Fernandez said.
Fernandez says since they opened the doors last November they have seen a steady stream of customers.
And the authentic Mexican dishes are the biggest reason.
The crew started out with pineapple fajitas, literally served in a pineapple. Server Jose Angel says there's another crowd favorite.
"The Mora Chita, it's one of those dishes that I like to recommend to people, it's got a little bit of everything."
They heat a stone like dish and then throw beef, chicken, seafood and even a cactus for good measure.
To find out more information about this popular spot in downtown Terre Haute, click here.
And make sure you let our Fork in the Road Crew know about your favorite local dining spot by clicking here!
- Fork in the Road: Taco Tequila's Mexican Grill and Cantina
- Taco Tequilla Mexican Grill and Cantina opening second location
- Fork in the Road: 7th and Elm Bar and Grille with ISU Coach Lansin
- Fork in the Road: The Hitchin Post
- Fork in the Road: Taste Terre Haute
- Fork in the Road: Wheel House Donuts
- Fork in the Road: Honeysuckle Hill Beestro
- Fork in the Road: Syd's Place
- Fork in the Road - Flesor's Candy Kitchen
- Final Fork: Charlie's