TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Cold weather is knocking on our doors, and some people are already kicking on their furnaces.
Though some people are still holding out, even colder weather is on its way. Ethan Rayburn is the general manager for Paitson Brothers heating and cooling.
He says as we start the cold season, there are a few things you can do
to help keep your home warm without breaking the bank.
"There's a lot of research done by the Department of Energy that shows that dirty furnaces, furnaces that weren't installed properly, you're using a lot more energy than they should."
Rayburn says there are more things you can do, such as insulation for your attic, or weather stripping for doors.
Advice to keep you warm in the coming months.
- Cold weather furnace prep
- Cold Weather Prep For Your Home
- Pets and cold weather
- Cold weather and your car
- Winter Weather Prep Week Is Next Week
- Winter Weather Prep Week: After Winter Storms
- Winter Weather Prep Week: Avoiding Hypothermia
- Severe Weather Prep. Week: Storm Spotters
- Cold weather affects our pets too.
- Ways to breathe easier during cold weather