CLARK COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Another joint operation in Clark County ended with two arrests and the confiscation of a large amount of drugs and cash.
This case began when officers from Casey alerted Marshall Police of a suspected vehicle carrying drugs traveling through the area.
A Marshall Police Officer was able to locate the vehicle and stopped it on Illinois Route 1 just north of Interstate 70 on a traffic violation.
While speaking with the driver, police report drug paraphernalia was located inside the vehicle. The driver was identified as Eric J. Bright, 32 of Paris and the passenger was identified as Catlin S. Gardner, 27 of Cloverdale, Indiana.
Both Bright and Gardner were asked to step out of the vehicle and were both taken into custody.
Officers located methamphetamine inside the vehicle and on the driver as well as cash. In total, officers located more than $3,300 in cash and an estimated 962 grams of suspected methamphetamine.
Both suspects were taken to the Clark County Jail for preliminary charges of possession of methamphetamine with intent to deliver. Bright was also cited for failure to signal when required.
This was a joint operation including Marshall Police, Casey Police, Illinois State Police and Clark County Sheriff's Office.
- Joint operation in Clark County ends with two arrests; drugs and money seized
- FBI: 120 arrested for human trafficking in joint operation
- Three behind bars on drugs charges after joint investigation
- Operation Pullover arrest in Vermillion County
- Parts of Clark County under boil order
- Clark County will have a new sheriff
- Clark County Fair underway in Illinois
- Clark county family welcomes home quadruplets
- Clark County set to celebrate 200th birthday
- Driver killed in Clark County accident