VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A bridge on Cook Road in western Vigo County is still in need of repairs since being damaged by flooding last May.
At the Vigo County Commissioners meeting on Tuesday, they deemed it an 'emergency bridge.' This means the bridge is necessary for daily traffic and repairs need to be made.
This bridge was closed after the Wabash Valley had flooding at the beginning of May. Part of the road was washed away and bricks underneath the asphalt went with it.
The excess water created a huge hole in the bridge as well.
This bridge being closed has affected school traffic. The County is looking for bids to get this project completed and the bridge back open.
The Vigo County Highway Department has blueprints for this project.
News 10 will continue to follow this story and bring you the latest when information becomes available.
- Bridge on Cook Road in western Vigo County still closed; needs repairs
- Work starts on Cook Road bridge in Vigo County
- Parke County covered bridge closed for repairs
- Work on hold for Cook Road Bridge
- Bridge closed while crews begin repair
- Cook Road Bridge in Vigo County one step closer to being fixed
- Vigo County bridge reopens after months-long repair process
- Vigo County road closed starting next week
- Construction could begin any day on Cook Road Bridge
- Construction company approved to start work on Cook Bridge in Vigo County