TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - New details have been released as an arrest has been made in a Terre Haute arson case.
Officials report 43-year-old Billy Cole admitted to setting fire to his apartment on North 6 ½ Street on Oct. 18.
Cole told investigators he wasn't happy with his living conditions so he set it on fire.
Terre Haute Arson Investigator Norm Loudermilk says the fire burned through the floor, caving-in to the apartment below.
Four of the apartments were occupied at the time of the fire however everyone was able to escape.
Police report Cole was immediately a person of interest.
He was picked-up Tuesday morning and police report that is when he admitted to the crime.
Cole is facing four counts of arson.
- Arrest made in arson case from N. 6 1/2 Street in Terre Haute
- 13th 1/2 Street barricade situation ends peacefully
- Car fire in Terre Haute ruled arson
- Arrest made in community corrections arson
- Arrest made in connection to Terre Haute Mexican restaurant robbery
- Terre Haute crow patrol hits the streets
- Terre Haute street closed for emergency repairs
- Arson investigation underway after Terre Haute apartment fire
- Arson investigation underway after Terre Haute house fire
- Officials investigate Sunday night Terre Haute fire as arson