TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - We've been following a rash of shootings in Terre Haute over the weekend, and police say they are not connected.
RODEWAY INN SHOOTING
The latest shooting happened early Monday morning at a Terre Haute hotel.
It happened around 4:30 Monday morning at the Rodeway Inn on South 3rd Street.
Police responded to reports of gunshots.
We are also learning that this may not have been the only shooting in the area.
Police say this shooting may have been some sort of retaliation for another incident.
They are not releasing the victim's name at this point.
Around 8:30 Monday night, Terre Haute Police responded to the area of 6th Street and Maple Avenue in Terre Haute after receiving reports of gunshots.
Police say a man was shot in the back of the head while driving his pickup truck.
The man then reportedly lost consciousness, causing him to hit Oubache Elementary School.
That victim, whose name has yet to be released is being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
ISU CAMPUS SHOOTING
Around 9:30 Sunday night, a shooting was reported on the campus of Indiana State University.
Police say this shooting was self-inflicted.
The victim is 28-years-old, and not an ISU student.
Authorities worked overnight combing through physical evidence and video footage.
Police say they were also able to recover the weapon.
No other injuries were reported.
SOUTH 4TH STREET SHOOTING
Early Sunday morning, just after midnight, Terre Haute Police were called to the 1600 block of South 4th Street.
There, they found a party held by ISU students.
Gunshots were reportedly fired inside and outside of the house.
An unnamed female victim told police she was a block away from the house when she noticed a sharp pain and blood.
She was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Police say it's unknown whether she was shot or punctured by another object.
- Police investigate multiple shootings in Terre Haute over the weekend; Heres all of the information in one place
- Terre Haute Police investigate Friday morning shooting
- Terre Haute Police investigate Wednesday morning shooting
- Terre Haute Air Show New Information
- Police investigate five weekend shootings
- Terre Haute Police investigate shots fired case
- Terre Haute Police are "shooting" for accuracy
- Crews battle multiple brush fires in West Terre Haute
- Terre Haute police looking into dead body investigation
- Police investigating series of crimes on Terre Haute's east side