PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A Martinsville, Indiana woman is arrested for counterfeiting in Parke County.
The Parke County Sheriff’s Office says it received the report October 17th from vendors in Bellmore and Mansfield.
The Office says vendors were receiving counterfeit $20 dollar bills to pay for various items.
Saturday, more vendors in Mansfield reported getting counterfeit bills.
The Parke County Sheriff’s Office and the Indiana State Police, located a suspect in the Mansfield area.
45-year-old Stephanie Sink of Martinsville, Indiana was taken to the Parke County Jail.
Authorities say Sink’s vehicle was searched. Officers say they found 21 counterfeit $20 dollar bills, printer ink, blank paper, and trashed counterfeit bills.
They say they believe Sink was manufacturing the bills on her own.
In total, officials say they located 27 bills, and some of the merchandise purchased, which was returned to vendors.
Sink faces a Counterfeiting charge and is being held in the Parke County Jail on $10,000 bond.
- Woman arrested for Counterfeiting in Parke County
- Wanted Parke County woman arrested
- Parke County woman arrested for domestic battery on a juvenile
- Counterfeit money lands two women behind bars in Vermillion County
- Washington businesses report receiving counterfeit money
- Police find $9,500 in counterfeit bills
- Man arrested after Parke County pursuit
- Two arrested after Cobblestone Crossing foot chase, gun, counterfeit money, and drugs allegedly found
- Edgar County woman arrested on arson charges
- Parke County woman arrested after pursuit that lasted almost 20 miles