VINCENNES, Ind. (WTHI) - It took days to plan and hours to execute but authorities are calling a surprise drug sweep at a correctional facility a success.
Eight Knox County deputies, two Daviess County deputies and three officers from the Vincennes Police Department coordinated efforts. They used K-9s to detect drugs.
The K-9s alerted inside the facility as well as in a nearby parking lot.
Officers found residue, drug paraphernalia and evidence of past use.
Knox County Prosecuting Attorney Dirk Carnahan says the search was a success.
No arrests have been made yet pending further reports and testing. Carnahan says it's a good sign that with such a thorough search immediate arrests were not needed.
- Authorities execute surprise drug sweep
- 85 face charges after Vincennes Police Department drug sweep
- Authorities: Rare synthetic drugs found in central Illinois
- Man wanted in Clay County in connection to drug sweep now behind bars
- Great Dane employees surprised with bonus
- Michelle Obama makes surprise Grammy Awards appearance
- Shoppers surprised with random acts of kindness
- Election officials surprised by low voter turnout
- 'Execute justice, not people...' Sisters of Providence speak out against Federal Executions
- Shakamak schools receive big surprise fro Dollar General